You can’t ignore us, so give us a big collective hug and welcome us into your lives. Tenerife Magazine is coming at you on all fronts, the website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Google Plus, LinkedIn and Flickr, to bring you crisp, interesting, and original stories and news about your favourite island.
All the team can draw on years of experience of island life and an almost unhealthy interest in what goes on in Tenerife. We will open doors, lift rocks and peer through all sorts of windows to show residents and visitors why we all love this island. Tenerife Magazine is fully interactive – no don’t shy away, technology isn’t a beast, it’s actually a soft furry friend that wants to curl up in your lap and purr.
If you are already up to speed with social media, you will be laughing your socks off at the rest of us cowering in the corner. If it’s all fairly new to you, fear not, take our hands and we will march defiantly together down the information super highway, making rude gestures at anyone trying to nudge us off onto the grass verges. Welcome.
Meet our creative team:
John Dale Beckley – Owner and Founder
John is a Digital Marketing professional specialising in resort and hotel marketing. He is a highly positive person, and is passionate about enhancing the way businesses (especially in the travel industry) operate in order to provide the best possible guest experience, while also creating an excellent environment for staff to flourish in.
He founded Tenerife Magazine back in 2009 with the aim of providing the most up to date and best quality news and information in Tenerife for both residents and visitors. Due to his many years of working within marketing and resorts, he perfectly appreciates that those visiting Tenerife are looking for amazing experiences and things to do. With Tenerife Magazine, the aim is to show people that the island is full of amazing excursions and much more than just sun, sand and sea.
Connect with John:
- Website – https://hotelcommunitymanager.com/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/JohnBeckley
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnbeckley
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/johnbecks
- Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbecks
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/user/johnandhellen
- Snapchat – JohnBeckley
Simon Emilio Turkas – Editor
Simon is a travel and lifestyle blogger, with a growing following and influence on Social Media. He is passionate about travel and helping to promote positivity throughout the world, by helping to inspire others to enjoy amazing travel destinations, advice on a healthy diet and lifestyle, and by promoting worthy causes.
Simon believes that travel is one of the best things anyone can do in life, as it literally expands your horizons, opening your eyes and mind to new cultures, experiences and places. Through Tenerife Magazine he hopes he can inspire others to really appreciate what an amazing place Tenerife and the Canary Islands are. He enjoys writing, photography and filmmaking, fitness, eating delicious (vegan) food and drinking copious amounts of coffee!
Connect with Simon:
- Blog – http://www.whatssimonsaying.com/
- Snapchat – simonturkas
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/SimonTurkas
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/simonturkas
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/simonturkas/
- Flickr – https://www.flickr.com/photos/simonturkas/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY4qpvNUZSU32sVkIimrEUQ
- Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/simonturkasphotography/
Matt Higgins – Website Developer
Matt is a passionate Digital Designer and Creative Developer based in Tenerife. Usability is key with all of Matt’s designs, and he’s constantly looking to create intriguing and concept enhancing interactions that remain intuitive for the user.
He’s obsessed with details, and feels strongly about the importance and benefits of prototyping during the design stage of a project. Matt has a love for typography, which has him constantly looking for ways to improve the typographic nature of the digital space. He runs his own web development company in Tenerife: 1412 Designs.
Connect with Matt:
- Website: http://www.1412.es/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/1412.designs
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-higgins/5/40b/638
Jo Hill – Graphic Designer
Jo is the Owner/director of her own creative design agency, Latitude 28º Creative, with over 20 years experience in design for print.
Jo has designed and created visual artwork for various purposes… magazines, regional press ads, identity & branding, exhibition graphics for trade shows, sales pitch presentations, promotional brochures, events programmes for hotels, excursion leaflets/planners and booklets for major tour operators, restaurant menus, leaflets etc.
Her clients over the years have included Thomson, First Choice, TUI, Thomas Cook, Sheraton La Caleta, Hotel Villa Cortes, Canary Islands Marine, Studio 4 Decor, Go Create Academy, Gravity Mountain Bikes and many more. It is great to welcome Jo to the Tenerife Magazine creative team!
Connect with Jo:
- Website – http://l28creative.com/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/johilll28creative/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/L28Creative/
George Lewington – SEO Specialist
George is an English SEO specialist who has been involved in internet marketing Since 2012. He specialises in obtaining free traffic through Google through Search Engine Optimization. He currently lives between the UK and Tenerife, Spain, but has clients all over the world.
Connect with George:
- Website – http://www.georgelewingtonseo.com/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/seomaidenheadberkshire/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/GeorgeLewington
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKKraAibgkEjOqvxkC2Vw0A
- Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GeorgeLewington